The Resource Sense & sensibility
- Sense & sensibility
- Statement of responsibility
- screenplay by Andrew Davies ; produced by Anne Pivcevic ; directed by John Alexander ; BBC, WGBH Boston co-production
- Title variation
- Sense and sensibility
- Jane Austen's Sense & sensibility
- Pivcevic, Anne.
- Skinner, Claire.
- Cooper, Dominic
- Davies, Andrew, 1936-
- Bassett, Linda.
- McTeer, Janet
- WGBH (Television station : Boston, Mass.)
- Wakefield, Charity, 1981-
- BBC Video (Firm)
- Williams, Mark, 1959-
- Alexander, John.
- Morrissey, David
- Morahan, Hattie, 1978-
- Stevens, Dan.
- British Broadcasting Corporation, Television Service
- Television adaptations
- Romance television programs
- Fiction television programs
- Inheritance and succession -- Drama
- Young women -- Drama
- Man-woman relationships -- Drama
- Television mini-series
- Video recordings for the hearing impaired
- England -- Social life and customs -- 19th century -- Drama
- Social classes -- Drama
- Sisters -- Drama
- Examines the lives of the two Dashwood sisters who attempt to find happiness in the tightly structured society of 19th-century England. Sensible Elinor and passionate Marianne's chances at marriage seem doomed by their family's sudden loss of fortune. Through their experiences with men and their relationship with each other, they learn that neither sense or sensibility alone is enough, but that one must strive for a balance of the two
- Cataloging source
- Credits note
- Director of photography, Sean Bobbitt ; film editor, Roy Sharman ; music, Martin Phipps
- Date time place
- Originally broadcast as a television mini-series in 2008
- Language note
- In English with optional English subtitles for the deaf and hearing impaired
- David Morrissey, Janet McTeer, Hattie Morahan, Charity Wakefield, Dominic Cooper, Dan Stevens, Mark Williams, Linda Bassett, Claire Skinner
- live action
ContextContext of Sense & sensibility
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Sense & sensibility
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.otorohanga.kotui.org.nz/resource/0pPM2llpvIk/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.otorohanga.kotui.org.nz/resource/0pPM2llpvIk/">Sense & sensibility</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.otorohanga.kotui.org.nz/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.otorohanga.kotui.org.nz/">Otorohanga District Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Otorohanga District Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...